Thursday, August 25, 2011

State Rep Jeff Grisamore responds to citizen emails concerning proposed State budget cuts | GreenSummit Dispatch

State Rep Jeff Grisamore responds to citizen emails concerning proposed State budget cuts GreenSummit Dispatch

I have been talking to the next likely Speaker of the House about my interest in being appointed as the next Chairman of the Appropriations Committee for Health, Mental Health and Social Services, which would automatically also place me on the Budget Committee.



While I voted present on the mega-amendment proposing the above cuts in protest to them and the process, I voted to refer the recommendations for House Bills 10 & 11 back to the Budget Committee,

could have jeopardized my future appointment as Chairman, a position through which I can do a lot more good for our most vulnerable citizens in the future. To vote present and no on two simply symbolic votes could have jeopardized all of that.





No comments: