Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Voters Have Believed The Lies That Grisamore Spewed

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe it. Jeff Grisamore has literally made a living out of lying. He has never listed any occupation other than minister and charity work. He makes a six figure salary from his position in his charity. That is until he started using a "Christian" clearing house and no longer has to make public his donations. His charity also provided him with a car and a boat.

I have been told that his children receive free lunches and yet he insists that he understands the struggles of families. Really? How could you? You've never held a real job. You make money from a charity for widows and orphans. Your family has health insurance paid for by tax payers. Tax payers are paying for your children's lunches. And now you are having another child for the tax payers to support.

You reach out to families that have children with disabilities and tell them that you understand because you had a child with a disability. Prader Willi doesn't manifest itself until the child is older. You never had to fight a school district for services for your child. You have no idea what our families go through and how dare you suggest that you do. Your daughter's death was a terrible loss and I truly feel a great deal of sympathy for your family. However, don't use your child to make others believe that you understand their struggles. You don't have a clue.

You have lied, manipulated, and scammed honest families into supporting you. You tell them that you will be their voice. You raise their hopes. Then you do nothing. You lie and tell them what you think that they want to hear. You are good. But, you're not that good. You leave trails and intelligent people are finding them.

I'm so disappointed that your smear campaign and lies have once again netted you a place in Missouri politics. It just goes to show that voters do a poor job of finding out the truth about their candidates. Hopefully in two years they will do a better job. They won't have all of the big elections to think about and they might actually do their homework and find out that all is not what it seems.

I will continue to keep an eye on what is going on. I will continue to report on the issues that come up. I will not simply stand by and watch Jeff Grisamore lie and manipulate families so that he can work his way up the political ladder.

2 comments:

faceofautism said...

I thank you for your comments. I do not want to leave a false impression. Jeff Grisamore's daughter died at the age of 11 months. She died from aspyxiation. While she had some issues, they were not educational and those are the families that he targets.

Specifically, he claims to be the champion for families with autism. He collects information from them and then he takes that information to the school district to gain favor with them.

I feel for your struggle. I have a child with autism. While I can't pretend to understand your struggles, I do know that disabilities can cause hardships and loss. I understand that.

Jeff's daughter was with their family for eleven months. I know that was very hard for them and I do feel great sympathy for them. But, he pretends to understand the issues that families with autism face year after year. That just is not true.

He is also having his third child since his daughter's death. He knows that it is a genetic condition. This will be his 10th child.

If you read the posts on here you will see exactly all of the things that he has done to families with autism and how he has used them and his daughter to move up the political ladder.

Thank you for your information. I do like to be informed and I run a support group for families. But, my support group is all about IEPs and issues with the education system. So, I would like to have parents of children with all disabilities come and get the information that they need.

Jennifer said...

I know a little about Grisamore because his story came up as I searched for information about Prader-Willi when my daughter, now 8 months old, was diagnosed with it. You and Julie are both right to some extent, though I think you are more right but kind of lost a little moral credibility by making some statements regarding PWS that were less-than-well-informed. But I certainly sympathize with your angst and frustration, so I think you deserve a pass. An infant with PWS, especially as severe as Grisamore's was provides a family with more experience in the world of special needs than many people have. However you are correct in pointing out that it is nothing compared to living with it, day in and out, for a lifetime. That was one of my huge problems with Sarah Palin claiming to be an advocate, she has barely more experience than I do as a special needs mom and I freely admit that I haven't even begun to comprehend what the future will hold. As to your comment regarding the children he has had since his daughter w/PWS, I'm not sure if you meant to imply that he is putting future offspring at risk...but FYI, Prader-Willi, while a genetic disorder is random in all but approximately 1-3% of cases. Whether or not the child has the variety of PWS that is an inheritable trait is something that can be tested for...one would assume Grisamore knows this...but he is an a**hole, so maybe not.