Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Claim Number Five

She has also made false and uninformed allegations about my involvement with the Missouri Autism Commission and the Missouri Blue Ribbon Panel on Autism. I enjoy great working relationships with many parents, advocates and providers in the autism and broader disabilities commonalities. She has alienated herself with autism advocates and groups statewide because of her persistently false attacks.


As for the Autism Blue Ribbon Panel, I did not speak to Senator Justus about letting me on the Commission. Senator Gibbons, who leads the Senate told me he had wished he had known of my interest in autism before the apointments because he would have wanted to appoint me. We did discuss having me added to the panel after the appointments, but I instead plan to serve on the Autism Commission as a House member. It would have been difficult for me though to make all their hearings with my interim commitee and service on the Missouri Children's Services Commission of which I am now serving as Chairman.

You did ask her. I was at the meeting and she told me afterwards that you had inquire about being on the panel and she advised you that only Senators were on the panel. There was a meeting and you were not invited. I advised you of the meeting and you asked me to get you an invitation. I did. When you arrived you sat two seats away and pretended that you didn’t know us. You left early without so much as a nod. Then you called Debbie to apologize for leaving without speaking to us. You didn’t want to speak to us in front of everyone. But, you did have time to ask Jolie Justus if you could be on the panel. Also, the list for the Autism Commission came out and your name was not on it. I also saw the notes that you were writing about that. It happened when I walked over to address you because you purposely sat several seats away from Debbie and I.

No comments: