Thursday, March 11, 2010

Emails Received After 2008

The meeting for the pool never happened.  This was just another one of his broken promises. 
Her false attacks against me, Lee's Summit R-7 Schools, DESE and now my House colleagues contain many commonalities. She consistently misunderstands the facts and misrepresents the truth and timelines. That is why I stopped communicating with her in 2008. Anytime, she would post a false claim and I would write to communicate the truth, she would post my e-mail to her and contend I was lying. Therefore, I do not communicate with her any longer. You cannot have rational conversations in a stream of irrational and false attacks and misrepresentations.


-----Original Message-----

From: Jeff Grisamore [mailto:Jeff.Grisamore@house.mo.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 6:42 PM
To: autism@kc.rr.com

Subject: RE: Meeting To Discuss Aquatic Therapy For Special Needs Students

Sherri,

I had not asked to attend the hayride. Pastor Jim Winings had suggested it. We have worked together much serving constituents and those in need. While I appreciate your offer to attend the hayride, I think it better for your event if I do not attend.

Given the many false assumptions and untruthful, libelous and slanderous claims you have publicly cirulated about me, my family, non profit work and public service on behalf of individuals with disabilities--even after I have explained to you the truth--I think some attending the hayride would be uncomfortable with my presence. As such, I would not want that to be an unecessary distraction to the success of the event.

While I regularly participate in many disabilities related events and enjoy mutually respective working relationships with many autism and disabilities related advocates in our area and statewide who appreciate my work on behalf of those with disabilities--especially autism--you and I no longer share such common ground, which I reget.

That is unfortunate and I would be more than willing to resume a positive working relationship with you if you would simply acknowledge your misunderstandings about me, my family and work you have published and stop perpetuating such falsehoods via private and public conversations and the internet.

As I told you many times when I repeatedly met with you and Debbie and your group in 2006 and 2007, I would encourage you to be peaceful, proactive and positive in your approach versus being hostile, antagonistic and combative toward the Lee's Summit R-7 School District, DESE and others, including myself.

Your negative approach has unecessarily alienated you from so many in the autism communities locally, regionally and statewide and has diminished your credibility when you could instead be such a positive force if you would simply change your approach.

Regarding the meeting with the school district regarding special needs programming at the swim and dive center, that meeting and the working group I discussed with R-7 officials regarding special needs programming is pending. They will notify invitees to that meeting.

I met with the school district concerning special needs programming at the swim and dive center because of the excellent constituent input of Betty Sharpe. I would imagine the school district will be in further communications with her as well as others as special needs programming at the swim and dive center develops.

Jeff

Sent from my Windows Mobile phone.

No comments: